Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Me Part 1

So I've never really done this before...bare with me.  Here goes...let's get to know me first...that's a good start right? 
Name: Shanda Whetzel
Age: Technically in my 20's :) that sounds pretty good :)
Sex: Not often enough according to my husband...Oh oops LOL female :)
Height: 5'5 ish 
Weight: None of your business thank you very much...yes that's a touchy subject.
Favorite Food: No one real favorite, I like all kinds of food :)
Favorite Drink: Depends on my mood...I like beer, wine, liquor, tea...I love trying new beers or wines with outrageous names...


  Okay enough of the whole questionnaire format...how about this.  I am a Mother of one sweet, smart, handsome, ehhh mean, mouthy, smart-alec 5 year old.  I've been married for 6 years, but with my husband since the beginning of time...okay just the last 13 years.  We've had our ups and downs, ins and outs, but who hasn't :)  We bought our first home 2 1/2 years ago in my husbands hometown.  He had never lived in a subdivision before, so that took some getting used to for him, and other than stopping him from trying to pee off the back deck I think he's adjusted quite well :)  We have two dogs, Maggie a Sheltie mix that we rescued about 9 years ago, and Reese a Pit mix that we just recently adopted.  Also a Cat, not quite sure if her name is Fuzz, Kitty or Steve, but she answers to all three.  Oh and can't forget Lightening McQueen the fish my son had to have, and now I think he has forgotten all about.  
  I have worked in hell, quite literally, Wal-Mart is pretty darn close to it, but for the last 6 years I have been at a small locally owned Video rental store.  I became manager a short 6 months after starting work there, and well, yea, I can quite honestly say I love my job!  My husband works for a book printing company...therefore no Kindles are allowed in my house...sigh...we both work full time, but still make time to spend with each other, and family.  I feel quite blessed with my beautiful family and home.  Blegh that sounded to hallmark card like....I am very happy with life in general, and getting to spend time with my crazy silly family!
  I LOVE LOVE LOVE to read, listen to music and watch movies (well duh) Currently working on the Crossfire books...Book 1 down in just 2 days...did I mention I LOVE to read?  50 Shades of Grey...all 3 done in a week, maybe 2.  I do not understand what the hype is over with the 50 Shades of Grey trilogy...I could digress on that by itself for a few paragraphs, but I'll save that for later.
  I think thats enough for now....leave you wanting a little more :)   Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment