Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Me Part 2

  So I gave you all a little preview of my life yesterday, I don't know if I should go anymore in depth into it or not...it's kind of like my singing.  I do it in the car where only my close friends and family can hear me (I lock the doors and put the child safety locks on so they can't bolt at stoplights.)  So I'm afraid if I indulge too much in my life everyone will go running in the other direction.  Oh well, here goes any way's.
  Yesterday I said we have two dogs, our 9 year old Maggie, and recently adopted 11 month old Reese Cup (Reese for short.)  Reese has decided that she really likes the cat's litter box.  This is literally driving me insane!!  I feed this dog 4 cups of food a day, not the cheap crap either!  We're talking Rachel Ray's premium super yummy chicken and rice dry dog food.  Reese loves it, her tail goes slap happy when I pull out the Rachel Ray!!  Does this satisfy her? NO!  Two seconds later after I turn my back and walk the five steps into the living room she darts into the downstairs bathroom.  As I whirl around and yell out NO she comes flying out with a face full of litter and spits out a "brownie."  I do not believe in smacking an animal but my palms are really starting to twitch (yup 50 shades right there) I have scolded this crazy brownie hunting girl and made her sit in the corner a dozen times, but its not helping.  Yes, before you ask I have moved the kitty litter treasure trove to an upstairs spare bedroom.  Has that deterred my snack happy puppy? No.  She decides to dart in there this morning as soon as I take the baby gate down at my bedroom door.  I guess I'm going to have to buy another baby gate to block off that room from her.  So frustrating!
  Also she keeps eliminating in her crate (that sounds better than pooping right?) She was doing really great in her crate when we first adopted her, only the occasional accident, plus she had surgery the day before I got her, so I expected some mistakes the first few weeks.  It's now become almost an everyday occurrence though.  I do not use her crate as a punishment zone, nor is she put in it without comfort items.  I work 9 hours at a time, but she only has to spend three days at most one week, and two the next in the crate for an extended time.  Then the next two weeks not hardly at all because my husband is on his night shift and the dogs get to stay with him.  Does anyone out there have any suggestions they could leave in the comment boxes for me?  I love this crazy girl to death so she's not going anywhere, I'm just a little tired of cleaning up the eliminations.


  Alright enough complaining, digressing, straying off the path, however you want to say it.  Back to telling you more about me.  Did I mention I love to read? :-) I recently finished the 50 Shades trilogy, now I am on to the Crossfire series, but super disappointed that the third installment doesn't arrive until mid 2013!!  So I have kind of slacked off a bit on reading the second book.  When I read I like to go out and get all in a series at one time, or over the course of a few weeks.  I like to have them all on hand because I read so fast, for instance The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo trilogy I finished in 3 weeks, and they were kind of boring at times.  (Still a great read though)  Oh, Oh, Oh My Gosh I almost forgot to tell you about one of my all time favorite series, The Dark-Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon...AWESOME books!! I love them (like you couldn't tell)  I have almost all of her books!  My husband bought me Night Play, and after starting it I realized it was a whole series. So I immediately put it down got my butt in gear to Barnes and Nobles and proceeded to rack up a hefty bill getting all the previous books in the series, and a few after the one he had gotten me.  They are a more adult look at God's and Goddesses, Vampires, Shifters, Demons etc.  She has a few spin offs from the Dark-Hunter's too that are really good, and she also writes as Kinley McGregor (they're really good books too)
  Well I believe this is good bye for the day, my husband and I have to go to our 5yr old's parent teacher conference.  (I'll give some more details about that little stinker tomorrow)  I hope you are all enjoying my blog.  Adieu for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment